I once attended Ate Gail’s (The MD Writes) pen meet. It’s a meet up of people who has a passion for Calligraphy where everyone got to meet new friends with the same interest and hanged out.
Ever since then, I’ve been itching to plan a watercolor meet where I would invite online shops to do a pop-up, invite artists for a demo, and hang out with fellow artists.
So I pitched the idea to the Watercolorists PH group, and they are all up for it. That’s when Liz of ProjectVanity messaged me and told me that we have a venue. After that, we started planning.
Just Add Water is a fair exclusive for watercolor. I’d go as far as saying that it’s the first watercolor fair that’s held in Manila. We specifically planned this for a month, asked several watercolor artists if they can do an on the spot demo or talk.
The event happened last November 14, 2015, at Commune in Makati.
Thank you to these people:
- To Liz for planning it with me
- To Commune for the awesome place and for handling the crowd control
- To the guests who shared their knowledge, love and passion for the art
- To the concessionnaires, for all of the drool-worthy art materials
- To the people who volunteered
- And to everyone who went and shared this awesome experience with us
To everyone who made this event possible, THANK YOU.
Keep the passion burning, and until the next!